3.5" floppy

noel24 22:24 30 Jan 03

the green light on 3.5" drive has recently started to stay on all the time. when i put in a disk to read. a message tells me - disk is full, needs formatted etc. i've tried remoning the drive and re-booting, disabling it in the Bios, all to no avail. even tried a new drive but i just got the same results!

GYPSY 22:30 30 Jan 03

Hi, noel24. It sounds like it has given up the ghost! Splash out on a new one , you can buy them online for about £7. Probably save time in the long run.

howard60 22:35 30 Jan 03

and check that none of the pins in the socket on the mobo are bent.

DieSse 02:12 31 Jan 03

Are you sure that when you tried a new drive, you put the cable on the correct way round. If you get it wrong, then the light will stay on all the time.

To do a very basic check, start your system up in DOS mode, and check whether the drive works - if it does, then you know the problem is something to do with Windows. If not, then it's almst certainly a hardware problem. the courses of action are very different, so it's vital to find out which first.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…