3.5" -> 5" Bay

VideoSentry 21:59 28 Dec 04

I have been given a 2nd hand pewter, the Floppy drive bay includes the On/Off switch so I need to use another bay to put the flash card reader ( 3.5" ), that I have.Is there an adaptor to convert a 5" bay to a 3.5" bay ? If so whwre can I find it ( I have tried various places but with no luck )
Many Thanks

Technotiger 22:02 28 Dec 04

Hi, yes there is a bay converter, I have one in my pc with Multi-card Reader in it. Mine was a gift, but any decent PC shop should be able to supply, on-line or in the High St. Cheers.

Technotiger 22:13 28 Dec 04

click here - or - you could find one here.

Happy New Year.

Technotiger 22:24 28 Dec 04

Sorry my friend, just tried my 'click-here' to test but page will not come up! Twas one I found earlier dealing with bay converters - but not now for some reason. Anyway, as I said before, should be available in the shops. Cheers.

VideoSentry 06:38 29 Dec 04

Many thanks I will do a proper search using the term "converters" as I only tried using adaptor.I will let you know.

VideoSentry 07:46 29 Dec 04

Many thanks, I've found one at Mapllins. I enclose the link should you need it.click here

asstec 09:21 29 Dec 04

Bought one of these a couple of months ago and found a big gap around the floppy as the cut-out on the panel is oversize.Any lighting in computer shines out.

jack 10:10 29 Dec 04

There has been a flurry questions of this sort
over this holiday -we know what folk had for Xmas.
Sapins asked the same question and was distainful of hacking is beatifully lit acrylic creation by the DIY route
But this you can do by springing out the 5" blanker and marking and cuttin the hole for the new reader
and then using anything to pack out the bay with.
[I whimsically suggested opened up catfood tin - washed of course] but any thing that comes to hand
including the piece fron the adapted bay blanker will do.

This gives you the added advantage of having an exact colour match for the machine.

Technotiger 21:09 29 Dec 04

Great result - Happy New Year.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…