3.2Ghz Dual Core vs. Core 2 Duo 1.8GHz

Malnic 13:51 25 Jun 07

I'm rather new to all this but am currently buying a new gaming computer. I have quite a tight budget but am trying to decide whether to splash out an extra 30 quid or so to get a Core 2 Duo processor.

So basically its...

Intel Pentium D 935 3.2Ghz Dual Core LGA Processor

Vs.

Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 1.8Ghz LGA775 Processor

Any thoughts?

Quiet Life 14:34 25 Jun 07

Interesting comparison and overclocking possibilities on these 2 processors on click here

skidzy 17:28 25 Jun 07

If you can stretch your budget to the E6300 or even the E6600 it will be money well spent.

The E series cpu's run cooler the the Pentium D's.

As quiet life has pointed out and i have read several threads about overclocking the E4300,this seems the best cpu to overclock...if your into overclocking.personally i do not play games so find it pointless in my case.

My choice would be the E4300 if no extra money availible.

skidzy 17:31 25 Jun 07
  Malnic 17:48 25 Jun 07

I've been reading a lot and it would seem that the two arent actually that different (in terms of performance). But the E4300 will probably deal with Vista a hell of alot better. Does that make sense?

skidzy 18:01 25 Jun 07

Your main advantage with the E4300 or above is multi tasking,giving you the power to video/photo edit comfortably.

The list goes on and on.Im not a gamer,but some prefer the higher GHZ but less cache than the E4300.

I currently have the E6300 core duo with Vista premnium and tinker around with a little video and photo editing ...and it flies along,no freezing and slow opening of files.
It really is a fine cpu.

You maybe best waiting for a serious gamer to answer your question who has hands on experience.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017