32 BLASTER WORM HELP

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 02:01 03 Feb 04

Hi, i been at my mates all night just got in,and he in a state he has got himself infected with 32blaster worm,and it made a right mess,i cant figure out what to do next.What happens is he boots pc(xp home) then gets an RPC call NT USER was terminated and pc will reboot he gets 1 min and reboots,Ive tried booting into safe mode no go it still happens he only hac recovery disc put that in but it wont boot from it cant get in bios no way ive tried all buttons i could think of to change boot sequence to cd ive started with command prompt with f8 and tried to load the fix that way of cd he got no chance as soon as i switch from c: drive to d: drive pc reboots
he hasnt got a floppy boot disc but i dont know if the A drive will boot anyway i can start windows put the cd in and run the fix but before it finishes scan pc restarts if tried system restore/repair no chance,if i could get the RPC call to stop i could probably fix it but i cant,lol,any help or ideas feel free.I did have 1 thought but dont know if it would work or what danger there would be to my pc i was gonna take his hd out and slap it in mine then see if i could fix it that way or format it,but i dont know if the recovery disc he has will put it back to what it was before,and i dont wanna make things worse.

Regards.

then the patch to stop the exploit.

The link can be for stinger can be found in here, just do a search for blaster

tafoody 03:53 03 Feb 04

click here and scroll 2/3 down to 'restoring internet connectivity' and 'ending worm process'

also running "shutdown /a" from a command prompt could stop the reboot.

Taw® 06:20 03 Feb 04

click here This link should help

Bagsey 08:46 03 Feb 04

Get your mate to download stinger and put on a 3.5" floppy for you to use. It is only abot 700k so will go on a disc. This did the trick for me last year.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 12:34 03 Feb 04

Right will try the stop shutdown procedure i think if i can end that i can fix it,untill that is stoped i dont have time to run any fixes.

Regards.

Terrahawk 12:52 03 Feb 04

To get rid of blaster/Lovsan

Click start run type shutdown –a in the box click ok this should give you more time

Download stinger click here
Download Microsoft patch click here

Turn off system restore ME & XP
Control panel / System / System restore tab/ check box

Apply the Microsoft patch then run stinger. When clean turn system restore back on

And that should cure the problem

Terrahawk 12:53 03 Feb 04

dunno why that sqare came up should be a minus before the a

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 15:20 04 Feb 04

Thx all sorted as soon as i stopped it rebooting it was easy to fix.

Regards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…