32-bit TCP/IP problem

craig42 18:33 22 Jun 04

Tried to edit website using Microsoft Frontpage
and the following error come up.

Accessing HTTP servers require 32-bit TCP/IP networking,which is not installed or may be misconfigured.

Using Windows XP/Microsoft office XP.
I have always used frontpage to edit web site has anyone any idea what has happened and how can i fix it.

craig

MartinT-B 19:17 22 Jun 04

Do you have a new Zonealarm ?

http:// support.microsoft.com/ ?kbid=265032

(copy/paste and remove gaps after the /)

QUOTE""SYMPTOMS
In Microsoft FrontPage 2000, when you attempt to publish a Web to the Internet by clicking Publish Web on the File menu, you may receive one of the following error messages:

Operation requires 32-bit tcp/ip networking when publishing.
-or-

Accessing HTTP servers requires 32-bit TCP/IP networking, which is not installed or may be misconfigured.
CAUSE
This behavior may occur if you installed the Zone Alarm firewall software on your computer.

NOTE: This problem may also occur with other firewalls.
RESOLUTION
Remove your firewall software, and then republish your Web to the Internet.
MORE INFORMATION
The third-party products that are discussed in this article are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.

""ENDQUOTE

craig42 20:30 22 Jun 04

MartinT-B

tried to contact the website but did not make contact.

been in touch with my ISP and they are sending me out a CD to try and narrow down the problem
as they done a ping test and it failed four times.
will keep thia open till later and let you know the out come in the meantime thanks for your effort.

craig

MartinT-B 21:02 22 Jun 04

The quote I gave was from that page of the MS knowledge base.

MartinT-B 21:02 22 Jun 04

The quote I gave was from that page of the MS knowledge base.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…