I have just bought a 64bit conputer running
windows 7 home premium but i cant run
Micrografx as this is 32 bit i have all my files
on ths program
is there any way to overcome yhis problem
Happy new year to all you techies
Peter

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:23 30 Dec 09

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Micrografx\Picture Publisher 10\Pp10.exe" and right click.

Click the "Compatibility" Tab

Check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode" and select Windows XP Service Pack 2

if its not there then:
check where program installed.
most programs are installed under the 64bit program folder ... 32bit should have been installed in the x86 program folder ... if this is what has happened, uninstall the program and when you reinstall it, make sure it installs under the x86 program files directory.

GaT7 17:24 30 Dec 09

Looks like XP was the last OS supported by Micrografx? If yes, try installing AND running it in XP compatibility mode click here. If it doesn't work, uninstall & reinstall using Win 2K compatibility mode.

If it still refuses to work, & your CPU supports hardware virtualisation, you can try running with the help of Windows Virtual PC click here together with the OS it successfully ran in. Tool to check if your CPU supports HV click here - if it does, it will also need to be enabled in the BIOS.

Or, failing which, you could setup a dual-boot with Win7 & the previous OS Micrografx successfully ran in. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…