32-bit CardBus???

daz246 19:02 02 Nov 03

Im looking to network my laptop and PC, the card im looking at buying for the laptop uses 32-bit CardBus slot. What is this slot? how will I know if the laptop has this slot? I assume it's different to USB and PC Card Type II.

Any help???
darren

temp003 05:54 03 Nov 03

The slot used by Cardbus cards is just a PCMCIA card slot which supports the Cardbus interface. What you need to know is whether the PCMCIA slot on your laptop supports Cardbus.

Go to Device Manager in Windows and expand the PCMCIA sockets/adapters category. If you see a reference to Cardbus, then you have a slot which supports Cardbus. If it lists only PC Card, then the slot does not support Cardbus.

Laptops released in the last 3 or 4 years usually support Cardbus.

PCMCIA types I, II and III refer to the thickness of the cards/slots. Type III is the thickest. To use a particular type of PCMCIA card, the slot must be of that type or a later type (so e.g. a type II card can fit into a type II or type III slot, but will not into a type I slot).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…