{31faeo7o-15cf-447b-8ef7-... What is this please

kev-a 19:00 25 Dec 06

Using a dbx viewer to show someone there emails on an old drive i cam across the above whilst locatig the OE files, I was curious as to what it was and meant ? And can i expect this number to be the same regardless of the computer i am carrying out this task on ? (Gut feeling is NO)

kev-a 21:21 25 Dec 06

Sorry Peeps.
WIN XP SP2.

Press Man 21:51 25 Dec 06

Try putting the complete number into google and see what comes up.

lotvic 22:09 25 Dec 06

it is the name of the 'Identity Folder' within which your Outlook Express emails are stored.
To see it/them on your computer:
First make hidden files and folders visible
My Computer > Explore > Tools > Folder options > View > and tick the box in Advanced Settings for 'Show hidden files and folders'

My Computer > Local Disk (C:) > Documents and Settings > [your name*] > Local Settings > Application Data > Identities > {31faeo7o-15cf-447b-8ef7-.. or similar > Microsoft > Outlook Express > [and here you will find your *.dbx files]

LastChip 22:13 25 Dec 06

It's a fair bet it's a registry key, that possibly identifies the user. Can't be sure though.

If it is, it will of course be unique.

kev-a 23:12 25 Dec 06

Thanks, Tried the Google route to no end:(

Thanks, Hiden files and folders show all done a while ago:)

Cheers for the reply people!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…