£30 GPU

Hi,
I need a GPU for my Toshiba Equium A100-027. I run Windows 7. The current one is an Intel Integrated 915 I think. Need to play FSX at Medium High settings with around 20-30fps. Also needs to be compatible with Farming Simulator 2009. Can I upgrade my GPU and could you recommend one for £30 or under.

Many Thanks.

Refresh

Hi click here for more details of spec. I see it has a spare PCI Express 1x Type II (2) port.

bremner 16:47 13 Apr 10

From what I can see it has a PC Card slot for 1x Type II card not a PCI Express port.

I do not think there is a way to upgrade the graphics.

As in Device Manger it says 'Texas Instruments PCI-8x12/7x12/6x12 CardBus Controller

bremner 18:05 13 Apr 10

Exactly a Card Bus i.e PC Card controller

PC Card click here

Is there any way of fitting a new GPU into my Lappy

Why wont it work 19:07 13 Apr 10

It is very unlikely that you can upgraade the graphics as it is a laptop. Upgradeable graphics is a very rare feature for a laptop- 99% of the time you are stuck with what the laptop came configured with I'm afraid.

bremner 19:32 13 Apr 10

Can it be done? Probably not

How much would it cost if possible - considerably more than £30.

I will stretch to £60. Is there any way of getting a PC Card Slot 1x Type II add-on to make it into a PCI Express port.

bremner 20:03 13 Apr 10

No

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…