3 Wireless PAYG Dongle Connection Error

bbr620 15:25 PM 29 May 11

Hi all, my friend has one of the 3 connect wireless usb dongles for the internet on pay as you go, he's assured me there's credit on it but when i tried to connect it i get a message box stating:

"Software Activation has made "226" unsuccesful attempts over "WWAN" bearer type. The software will be blocked for WWAN connection after "774" more failed attempts. Contact your system administrator for more information."

I've tried swapping the usb port where i get a green light on the dongle but still get the same error.

Any help, suggestions, thanks in advance.

mgmcc 12:05 PM 01 Jun 11

Have you tried contacting the "tech support" people of whichever 3G network you're using?

bbr620 18:04 PM 01 Jun 11

for anyone else having similar issues, i checked the program entries in zone alarm and removed the 3connect, rebooted and now it's working perfect, cheers anyways..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

#AdventSauceJoyMince - generate a gratuitous Christmas tweet for #GivingTuesday charity

New MacBook Air release date, specs and rumours: 11in MacBook Air to be discontinued