3 usb Dongle

ned3110 10:45 21 Jun 08

Hi

I'm trying to sort a problem eith a laptop that keeps rebooting. The screen will go black and there is what appears to be very blurred text that you cant read in blue, the text is a lot larger than this. I have checked the event viewer and it says there was an unexpexted shutdown with event ID 6008 but no explanation. I ran the laptop yesterday for quite a while with and without the USB dongle with no probs but this morning its done it twice whilst using the dongle. I have since disconnected it to see if it will do it again.

Has anyone else had any problems with these 3 Dongles?

peter99co 11:10 21 Jun 08

I think I would check out the Laptop first. Does it work ok with a Pen Drive?

ned3110 11:49 21 Jun 08

Yeah its fine with one of those.

I've just found in the box for the dongle a usb lead with a second adaptor so you can plug it in to two ports for extra power, so I'm just checking that out at the moment.

peter99co 20:53 21 Jun 08

It is possible you have some sort of driver/software problem. Have you installed new software recently? I would be tempted to restore to an earlier date when the system was stable. Have you used the 3 for long?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…