3-pin Power Cables ??

  livewire 19:15 28 Aug 05


My friend has dug out some ancient PC Speakers.. the problem is that the power cable is of 3-pin type? This may sound silly.. but.. what converter do we need to be able to plug the speakers into a UK socket? Is it even possible? Ive never seen speakers using a 3-pin power adapter before?


  woodchip 19:21 28 Aug 05

Sounds like they are mains powered

  livewire 19:23 28 Aug 05

Yes, but how do I plug the 3-pin end into the wall? its the same type of cable that you put into the back of desktop PC's..

I'll try and find a picture as its hard to explain!

  woodchip 19:27 28 Aug 05

Will a Kettle lead work

  livewire 19:29 28 Aug 05

It looks like this...

click here

its a small pic, but it defines the cable I'm talking about.....

  woodchip 19:31 28 Aug 05

Too small to see but it looks like a Kettle lead

  €dstowe 19:33 28 Aug 05

To be safe, the best place for these would be the dustbin, I think.

  livewire 19:42 28 Aug 05

Here is a better picture....

click here

Yes, almost like a kettle power cable. Do you know if you can get converters for this type? Because i cant plug this cable into the wall!

  Graham ® 19:44 28 Aug 05

Is it male or female? Is this it?

click here

  woodchip 19:45 28 Aug 05

That's all it is, a Kettle lead should make it work if they are any good

  Graham ® 19:47 28 Aug 05

You will need a C13 click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now