3-Pin Connection?

  kavsmate 16:51 07 Mar 09

If this is in the wrong place, feel free to move it to where it needs to be.

I'm having a problem getting a cooling fan for my Dell desktop.

I can find a fan that will fit, but the connection for the fan I currently have in the PC (which sounds like a drain at the minute) is an odd, flat 3 pin connector, which doesn't look like a standard 3 pin connector, with an unlocking tab at the top (similar to ethernet or phone connections on smaller). I can't find anywhere that has this kind of connector on a cooling fan and I don't know what to call it when searching the net.

Can anyone tell me what the connector is (from my bad description)?

  Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:02 07 Mar 09

Case fan?

then just get one that powers from the PSU with a molex connector.

  woodchip 22:17 07 Mar 09

A fan will work with just two wires a + and - connection , number three wire most likely for speed regulation, or to tell you what speed its running at

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…