3 PCs to 1 monitor

pittza 12:37 27 Apr 14

Hi I have 2 PCs connected to 1 monitor via a VGA switch and I now need to connect a 3rd PC in the same way , each PC has their own keyboard and mouse so they only need to share the monitor, I have searched the net for an adapter with 1 female x 2 male connections to 'split' the cable from the monitor to 2nd PC thus giving a 3rd connection but can only find 2 male to 1 female versions ( 2 monitors to 1 PC) any ideas please?

spuds 13:34 27 Apr 14

I use 1 monitor, 1 keyboard and 1 wireless mouse connected to two computer's via a D-Link KVM switch. While its not the answer you want, there are a few possibilities on YouTube, for a possible set-up arrangement.

Ian in Northampton 13:35 27 Apr 14
  spuds 14:00 27 Apr 14

Taking the two suggestion links, I have used both. The version shown in the second link, might have a 'feed-back' problem, depending on circuitry in the unit. I prefare the units in link one.

Usually get mine from eBay and direct from China (from 1 to 3 weeks wait)at much cheaper prices than similar units from the likes of Maplins. Amazon were selling some of these recently on special offer with free postage and next day deliver?.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009