3 PAYG dongle cannot send email

PeteBoy 13:58 25 Apr 09

Hi there,

Have got 3 PAYG dongle, works fine with internet connection and receiving emails on Sony Vaio laptop using OE. However,I keep getting error message when trying to SEND emails.
Have tried 3 helpline (no help at all) and various config for outoing email smtp e.g. smtp.three.co.uk - smtp-mmb.three.co.uk, with different server port numbers 25 - 587 etc. Still not able to send.
Any help/advice would be appreciated.

PeteBoy

mgmcc 15:32 25 Apr 09

>>> and various config for outoing email smtp
>>> e.g. smtp.three.co.uk - smtp-mmb.three.co.uk,
>>> with different server port numbers 25 - 587
>>> etc. Still not able to send.

Outgoing server address should be SMTP-MBB.THREE.CO.UK (note MBB, not MMB) although, if I remember correctly, it took an absolute age for the sent emails to arrive.

If your own ISP supports SMTP Authentication, that is a better solution. If it does, you enter your Username/Password in the same way as when accessing an incoming POP3 or IMAP server and can then use it with any internet connection.

P.S. I've just sent myself a test message via my "3" dongle using the server SMTP-MBB.THREE.CO.UK and it went through in a couple of minutes, so perhaps the service was having an "off-day" the last time I used their email system.

PeteBoy 10:04 26 Apr 09

Many thanks mgmcc - working OK now, have got it working with the tip on ISP smtp server authentication- speed not too bad either.

PeteBoy.

cj125 15:33 03 Sep 11

Jeez I have spent months trying to sort out my problem with sending emails from my orange account through a three dongle & the above from mgmcc has sorted it!!!!!!

Thanks for posing this...really appeciated it.

Cheers,

CJ

mgmcc 00:04 04 Sep 11

"Jeez I have spent months trying to sort out my problem with sending emails from my orange account through a three dongle & the above from mgmcc has sorted it"

Just remember to revert to your home broadband ISP's SMTP server when at home and not using the 3 dongle.

cj125 00:06 04 Sep 11

Yeah I had that one covered! :)

Its all working fine.

Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…