3 Laptops & 1 Desktop Wireless Network

shando34 19:11 15 Feb 07

Hi Dudes,
How do I go about creating a wireless network and share one B'band ADSL line between 1 desktop and 3 laptops? What gear do need to achieve this?

TY
Shando

STREETWORK 19:16 15 Feb 07

3 x USB Adapters @ about 15-20 pounds each.

This presuming you already have a wireless router connected to the PC...

Ashrich 21:59 15 Feb 07

If any of the laptops are less than 2 to 3 years old they may well have wireless built in , check first before spending money , and personally , I find that pcmcia card devices receive a better signal than USB , but that's just my 2 pence worth , and as Streetwork says , a wireless ADSL router if you don't have one already , then come back here if you need help setting them up !!

Ashley

dms05 13:41 16 Feb 07

To give you some ideas look at ADSL WiFi Routers click here.

I also prefer PCMCIA 802.11g cards over USB dongles BUT do check if your laptops already have mini-pci wifi cards fitted as original equipment.

Then it's Phone line to ADSL Router and possibly LAN cable to desktop (if they are close enough) otherwise WiFi connections to all computers.

You will need to connect one of the computers to the ADSL Router up with a LAN cable for setting, after that they can all be WiFi'd.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…