3 days to activate your Windows......

Simac 17:34 26 Apr 06

Why not run MSCONFIG and tick Diagnostic Startup, then restart computer and try Standby Mode
I got this reply to a thread I was doing in regards to another problem involving standby mode. I did as this person reccommended now since trying this my PC as been acting strange. I now cannot access my e-mail....and I keep getting a box coming up on my screen asking me to activate my Windows and that I have only three days left to do so. This should not be so because it was done years ago when I brought the PC........
A fed up Helproom user!!!!!!

spuds 17:41 26 Apr 06

Guarantees are never 100%, someone was only trying to help!.

VoG II 17:42 26 Apr 06

Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Activate Windows.

Smiler 17:46 26 Apr 06

Have you tried restoring the computer to a time before you did the above

Simac 18:59 26 Apr 06

spuds, I understand guarantees are not 100%, help is always acceptable, but I did not think it would mess me up like it did.
VoG, Followed your idea, got it working I would have done it earlier, but assummed that when it wanted me to activate all over again it would want me to get the keycode/code from the OS disk and call customer services to activate it with this code, for the disk could be anywhere in the house now, fortunately it let me do so without having to make a call.
Smiler, did not think to doing a system restore, I supposed I should have.

Fingees 19:01 26 Apr 06

If it's a legal version of windows, you can activate it either over the internet, or by phone easily at any time.

I've had my windows for three yeas or so, but occasionally it takes it into its head that it needs to be activated.

This I do, No problem.

particularly if it is over six months since it waS last activated, as records are not kept after that, so it's easy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…