3 in 1 X73 printer & WinXP

huzzar 15:15 08 May 03

According to the Lexmark website the X73 3in1 printer/scanner is compatible with Windows XP! Has anyone got one and using it with XP?

Kryten 15:33 08 May 03

I have not I have got the X83 which works ok with Windows XP. My Wifes sister had a new PC 6 months ago with Windows XP on it, and has the X73 printer. She has not reported any problems with it to me since I setup the system for her.

Giant68 17:43 08 May 03

I have the X73 and WINXP, had to download a new set of drivers from Lexmark and had a few probs at first where I needed to unplug the power lead and then plug it back in to get the drivers to load after I had booted the pc but it has been trouble free since, gives a good print but the cartridges are pricey. Managed to get cartridges from click here for about £15.

Giant68

jospar 22:32 08 May 03

I also have x73 on xp Home, down loaded both lex73clean and drivers, loaded o.k, didn't have problems loading, had a very slight problem with new software knocking out control panel and have to disconnect power for a few seconds (30) then alright, have reloaded drivers again and no futher problems.

Printer menu is different, but it doesn't take long to get use to, and I think these new drivers have improved output speed extra.

huzzar 08:26 09 May 03

Thanks a lot for your feedback on this subject. I have now downloaded the driver update.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…