2xHdd on one computer

wicked willy 23:15 28 Feb 04

Hi Everybody, just a small question. My Daughter has a 3.5GB hdd, and I want to add a 10GB hdd, question is do I have to format the new drive and do I have to install 98se on it as well TIA Bill

dfghjkl 23:25 28 Feb 04

format,yes.but you dont install anything.it will come up as a new drive,you just use it like the space on your other drive.(an extension)make sure you put jumper to slave.

GaT7 23:26 28 Feb 04

Take a look here about how to install a second hard drive click here

What are the rotational speeds of the drives? I'd use the faster one for the OS.

Let us know how you get on...

dfghjkl 23:27 28 Feb 04

you could be very clever and switch your 98 to big drive,then format the small drive as slave.(big drive might be faster.so it would be sensible to put os on it)

wicked willy 23:40 28 Feb 04

I Thank you Gentlemen, for your advice and installation, and I will be putting to good use your instructions, The forum has some of the Best advice which you cannot get any where else except on here. Bill

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…