2TB Memory Stick

bombardier5 15:57 21 Feb 15

Hello forum,

so I have lately bought a memory stick from eBay described as 2TB. I did not really need it, but I was fascinated about the size. I am having issue now that every time I copy some sample files such as some TV series or large bunk of photos, then always some of it is corrupted.

I have tried formatting the memory stick to different file systems: exFAT, NTFS, but it did not help. Is there any way to make it usable, so that most of the files will not get corrupted while copying? Do you have any ideas about what is happening or how to bypass it? I am also not sure what feedback leave to the seller on eBay

click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:56 21 Feb 15

"This listing was ended by the seller because the item was lost or broken."

says it all really - if you cannot load files without them being corrupted then the item is useless.

return it and ask for a refund.

These things are often not as described and use software to give a false size indication and this is what causes the corruption.

click here

robin_x 16:58 21 Feb 15

It's fake.

Get your money back from the seller or raise a dispute.

click here

lotvic 17:14 21 Feb 15

Oh so fake flash, try to get your money back ClickHere

Batch 17:41 21 Feb 15

Fake gear.

What often happens is the internals of a much lower capacity stick (e.g. 4GB) are tinkered with so that it reports itself as a larger capacity (2TB in your case).

Then when you write to it, it starts of OK(-ish) as long as you don't write more than the real capacity, but once you go past this it gets corrupted.

bumpkin 17:59 21 Feb 15

2TB on a flash drive I don't think has been made as of yet. If it is then I would expect it to be far more expensive than £40. Sounds like you have been conned, go for the refund as suggested and post neg to warn others. Don't fall for the I am pregnant, only income sob story, the seller is a fraudster.

bumpkin 19:22 21 Feb 15

This should tell you what it is click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now