2nd HD lost content

redeyenewby 10:09 28 Sep 10

I have had one or two problems lately with "not responding" and I have had to power off the PC. Several times (including this morning) I have been told that one of my drives needs checking for consistency. I have allowed the checks to take place. The drive in qyestion, I think, is my 2nd HD. After leaving my PC running for a while things appeared to be alright. I understand what consistency checking is all about and why the checks were needed. This morning I decided I would cort out some files on my 2nd HD and I discovered that it has lost it's name and is now merely drive G. When I opened up "My Computer and found this properties told me it had no used space - but it was blue, which is the colour of used space AND, IT SAID THIS DRIVE IS NOT FORMATTED, DO YOU WANT TO FORMAT IT NOW. I HAVE (HAD) A LOT OF WORKING FILES ON THIS DRIVE. ANY IDEAS? PLEASE?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…