2nd HD, fine this morning,now 2ndHD is unallocated

Seifer 13:04 17 Dec 04

I have 2 hard drives that are partitioned. the 1st one has windows on 1 partition and applications on the other. And a 2nd Hard drive has games on 1 and Data on the other. It's been working fine since up until this morning. I'd been using it this morning and turned it off an hour or two ago, came back to it now and it says the 2nd hard drive is unallocated. It can see there is a drive, both on boot up and in the computer management screen, but shows no data. Is this Data lost now?? I've also looked in the partion magic programme and that also says the drive is totally unallocated. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks!

xania 16:27 17 Dec 04

Partition Magic has a facility to recover accidentally deleted partitions. Whatever else you do, make sure you don't attempt any sort of Partition Creation until you have tried recovery - you could end up needing a recovery company to get your data back.

Seifer 16:33 17 Dec 04

Thanks for your response, I had just already solved the problem.

I went back to partition magic and ran the undeleate function. It brought back the Data partition but could not find the game partition (not that I Care about that 1 as there was only 1 game on there.) So I have all my data back. The only thing that worries me now is why this happened because I certainly didnt say to deleate any partition to begin with.

Funny thing is, I've had the day off from work to receive a batch of dvd rw's that was supposed to be arriving today which I was going to use to back up my system!

Thanks again!

xania 10:09 20 Dec 04

The last time is happened to me was a precursor of HD failure. Keep an eye on it and make sure you're fully protected against failure.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…