2nd hard drive problem

ian-206235 17:00 04 Jul 06

I have a 2nd hd (external) in a case which sits on top of my pc which i use occasionally for backing up data. now when i turn it on it says (code 10) this device cannot start , but it s recognised as a hd. Is this a driver problem or is more serious. All my docs and important data is on here fron reformatting etc :( I have not changed anything since i last used it Thanks in advance

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:15 04 Jul 06
  ian-206235 12:28 07 Jul 06

now when i plug my PSP in to my pc i also get the code 10 error , surely this is more than a coincidence and still no hard drive working. Very strange

vinnyT 15:27 07 Jul 06

Look at the top click here

Explanation of error codes generated by Device Manager in Microsoft Windows XP click here

Hope this helps.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:31 07 Jul 06

A. Click on Start
B. Right Click on My Computer, click on Properties
C.Click on the Hardware tab
D. Click the Device Manager button.
E. Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers section.
F. Right-click every device under the Universal Serial Bus controllers node, and then click Uninstall to remove them one at a time.
G. Restart the computer, and allow the computer to reinstall the USB controllers.
H. Plug in the removable USB storage device, and then test to make sure that the issue is resolved.

Enoch 16:37 07 Jul 06

ian-206235 20:39 16 Jul 06

thanks for replies , been on holiday sorry for delay :), well its getting worse , its actually all my usb ports bar 1 and my memory card reader on the front ( 9 in 1 ) doesnt work now either. Think this is major :(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…