2nd hard drive fitted but.. help please

superspark 17:51 27 Jun 05

Can anyone please advise me? I have just fitted a maxtor hard drive 160gb as slave too a maxtor 40gb drive. It shows up in device manager as being installed but I assume that by clicking on "my compuetr" it will be shown alond the c drive but it doesn't. Probably a simple solution but I just don't get it.
Any advice please?

retep888 17:56 27 Jun 05

Have you formatted it?

scotty 17:57 27 Jun 05

Have you formatted the drive?

Djohn 18:00 27 Jun 05

Right click on My Computer Icon, choose "Manage" then "disk management".

Right click on the new slave drive that shows up in disk management and choose "Format" it will now show in My computer and be ready for use. Choose the quick format and it will be done in seconds, other format will take hours.

Make sure you select the second drive down and not your C: drive when you format.

superspark 18:08 27 Jun 05

It has now changed from black to green and says 152 free space but it still doesn't show when clic my computer icon.

superspark 18:16 27 Jun 05

I've done it now.. Thanks to you all so very much for your help!!

Djohn 18:36 27 Jun 05

I forgot to tell you to reboot, not always required but most times is.

Djohn 18:46 27 Jun 05

is that "Powerless", long standing and respected member of this forum has done some excellent guides in text/graphics and even video format on this subject and many others concerning XP/hard drives on how to install/format/partition and dual-boot.

Pay him a visit at his simply guides site and have a browse on all the informative guides. click here

Al94 18:54 27 Jun 05

Bookmarked! Thanks for the pointer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5