2nd hard drive

stevediggo 12:27 09 Aug 05

I have just purchased a nnew maxtor 200gb hard drive as a 2nd drive connected everything re booted drive is recognised on boot up but does not show in my compter but does show in device manager can anyone tell me how please

fazza 12:45 09 Aug 05

I had the same problem recently when I purchased a Maxtor 300gb OEM drive. You need to Download and run the 'powermax' software from the maxtor website. This will sort everything out.

click here

Naseby 2 12:46 09 Aug 05

Try taking the jumpers out of the new drive and install to create a dual boot system Naesby

fazza 14:20 09 Aug 05

Sorry - error on my first post. The software is called Maxblast. This will definitley do what you want!

click here

Rigga 14:59 09 Aug 05

If you can see the drive in device manager then it has installed correctly.

All you need to do is format the drive.

If you right click My Computer, and choose Manage, then under Storage, highlight Disk Management.

You should then your new drive, will all of the space unallocated. If you right click the unallocated space and choose format.

After that has finished it should appear under My Computer as a normal drive.

HTH R.

field divison 15:04 09 Aug 05

Has the Drive been formated NTFS of FAT32?
Which O/S are you running?

dagwoood 16:33 09 Aug 05

Here's a really good guide on installing a 2nd hard drive(assuming you're running on XP) click here

This was produced by powerless, one of our "regulars".

stevediggo 18:02 09 Aug 05

thanks to all who have helped me now working fine cheers again :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…