2nd h drive

Hucky 17:03 04 May 08

hi...i have taken my hard drive out of my old pc which holds all my music files to put into my new pc...however the new pc isnt saying that there is a new drive there...i have installed it exactly as i did b4...any thoughts ta

woodchip 17:10 04 May 08

If its a IDE drive have you set the jumper on the drive so Computer and Windows can see it

Ollyolly 17:23 04 May 08

Hucky,

I think what Woodchip is saying is that if your old hard drive is now a second hard drive in your new PC then the old hard drive might have to be set as a slave drive. It was possibly the master drive when it was in your old PC.

Hucky 18:19 04 May 08

i have tried that and still nothing...its a maxtor 80gb and it says on it no jumper - slave

€dstowe 18:24 04 May 08

Try the jumper in the Cable Select (CS) configuration which, I think, is the second jumper position in most Maxtor drives.

Hucky 18:30 04 May 08

i have a piece of plastic covering the top right pin is this normal

Ditch999 18:53 04 May 08

Should't make a difference with the plastic. Does the drive spin up? What OS are you trying to put the drive in to?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:01 04 May 08

what make model of drive?

woodchip 20:10 04 May 08

Can the BIOS see the drive?????

Hucky 11:52 05 May 08

its a maxtor 80 gb diamond max pata 133 hdd
and the ribbon cable is in the cd drive not connected to avything else... i am on xp

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:55 05 May 08

Go to start-run and type diskmgmt.msc Then hit enter. This will bring up your disks. See if the disk is there. If it is right click on it and select 'change drive letter'. Change it to Z or something at the top end. Return to My Computer and it should be there.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…