2nd BT Home Hub 3 router...what to do with it?

nick_j007 14 Aug 12

I have sitting on the shelf an unused BT router Home Hub 3. I use one for my internet in the home already, so wondering what to do with the second one. To use it or sell it? Is there any way I can use it to extend the strength of the signal around the property? Like a repeater sitting downstairs?

Thanks!

northumbria61 14 Aug 12

Have a read here - enter link description here

northumbria61 14 Aug 12

Note - If you are talking about using the 2 routers indepenantly - both connected to the same phone line then the answer is you can but you can only use one at a time as the adsl will only accept one connection from one device.

So you could use the upstairs one while the downstairs is turned off but this kinda defeats what I think you want to do. You cannot have both routers connected to a the same phoneline and connected to the internet at the same time.

KRONOS the First 14 Aug 12

Have a look here. Bridged router. I have know idea whether this can be done with a BT hub but it certainly can be done with many routers. I have two Netgear routers connected, one of course acting as a bridge which is what I think you want to do.

Found this which hopefully will help: BT hub x 2

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Microsoft claims its new VR lens system is better than Oculus Rift's

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message