2GB Sandisk Extreme lll SD card - Unable to format

m800afc 14:03 01 Jul 07

Good afternoon all,
I purchased two 2GB Sandisk Extreme lll SD cards from an online store based in the UK. The packaging seems genuine, and the cards arrived boxed with recovery software and soft storage pouch. Sadly one of the cards has failed, and has been replaced. The replacement card also failed. The card was used in a Nikon D80 camera to take still images. I am unable to delete the files on the card or reformat the card. I have tried this using my Nikon, my compact camera, my desktop XP Pro and my laptop Vista. None of these will reformat the card. The error message from the Nikon is “This card cannot be used”. Is there a known compatability issue with the Nikon and the card. Is there a way of reformatting the card to use again without sending back to the store. The card is NOT locked. The back of the card has the following information:

2.0GB
SanDisk
BE0710102992B
Made in China

I am at present using budget 2Gb SD cards in my Nikon and have no difficulty with them at all, although naturally they are slower than the Sandisk card.

I would appreciate any advice you may have to offer.

Ashrich 14:29 01 Jul 07

Is the sliding lock on the side loose at all , it may be sliding across when you insert the card into the camera or the reader , that of course would stop you erasing photos and reformatting .

Ashley

m800afc 14:32 01 Jul 07

Greetings Ashley,
No, the sliding lock is not loose.

johndrew 14:41 01 Jul 07

You could try contacting SanDisk Customer Support and advising them of the problem. You should give full details of your supplier, date of purchase, serial numbers etc., to aid them in investigating as it may be a batch problem, piracy or anything else.

click here

m800afc 14:44 01 Jul 07

Hi Johndrew,
I have emailed Sandisk and am waiting for a reply. I thought members of this august forum may have experienced similar problems.

anskyber 14:50 01 Jul 07

I cannot get these Google links to open. click here You may fair better while you waite for SD to reply.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5