28.8Kbps on dial-up

graham√ 11:27 26 Jul 03

I've seen no mention, apart from in Latest News on the right, about the new minimum of 28.8Kbps which telecom providers have to supply, as from yesterday. The old minimum was 2.4Kbps! For the first time, those affected by DACS slowing their connection speeds can demand its removal.

I should get in quick, though! Once the word spreads to the masses, BT and Kingston are going to be swamped!

powerless 11:31 26 Jul 03

Are you a Telecommunications Engineer graham√

graham√ 12:13 26 Jul 03

I have been! Technician with touring pop groups before that. Now a gentleman of leisure!

Confab 12:28 26 Jul 03

I remenber a few years ago when I moved into a new house that it had a DACS system inatalled and I could only connect at 28k. I phoned BT to get it removed and they said that they would not remove the it for free as it "wasn't broken". I said "Give me two minutes and I call you back and it will be broken". An engineer came round the next day and removed it for nothing.

graham√ 21:30 26 Jul 03

Q kick for the rush hour customers' information.

Gaz 25 21:34 26 Jul 03

Confab: "Give me two minutes and I call you back and it will be broken". LOL.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…