28" tv to 175" tv or monitor part 2

goonerbill © ® 23:01 15 Feb 05

heres link to earlier posting on forum about this subject click here

this is what i have just received by email

The MaxTheater bigscreen kit is an affordable TV innovation that uses your existing TV as the picture source. Your TV image is shown through our included lens and projected outward onto your wall or screen any size up to 175”. It is extremely simple to assemble.

as you can see not to forth coming with technical info but what i can work out is that you wire this item into your t.v. cabling and the picture either goes through to your t.v. or there lens to be projected onto your wall and you do not need to worry about differences in voltage to u.k. and u.s.a. as it dont need to be plugged in.

how the item really works i will leave to more electrically minded people to explain (i dont have a clue) and is it really worth getting ?? i will leave to you but at $30 including p&p it maybe worth a chance and as there website states "if not satisfied with the product within 15 days after receiving it, you can contact them to get a refund notice and send it back for a full refund minus p&p".

sidecar sid 23:09 15 Feb 05

Its not electrical at all it's just a lens used like a magnifying glass in front of your telly

click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:17 15 Feb 05

As I wrote previously it is a fresnel lens and plastic at that. Ebay are flogging 3 for £5.98, as you will see from the video the quality is worse than dire. click here makes distressing watching. This has got naff all to do with electronics and if you still want to buy one use the Ebay link.

G

Audeal 00:26 16 Feb 05

sidecar sid is right. you build a box containing the lens ( Magnifying Glass ) and fix it to the front of your TV. The lens is slid back & forth to focus the picture.

I bought one off Ebay a couple of years ago for a friend, for £10 and I thought it a waste of Good money.

By the way, I never did get my £10 back off him. Grrr.

Gongoozler 07:27 16 Feb 05

With a lens you can get an image a large as you want, but there is only so much light available. The bigger the image the dimmer it will be. You will be able to view the 175 inch picture, but only in a completely darkened room and after you've waited a few minutes for your eyes to adjust to the gloom. You will also have to shield the tv screen so that the glare from it doesn't swamp your 175 inch picture.

goonerbill © ® 19:12 17 Feb 05

thanks all. wasn't thinking of getting one, was just interested in what it really was and has been said before " if it looks to good to be true it usually is".

thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…