256 BIT 3D/2D Graphics chipset

simon-238946 23:19 01 Sep 05

Hi ive just bought a pc with a 256 BIT 3D/2D Graphics chipset but a mate of mine says its rubbish as i dont know much about pc's/graphics i wondered what all you techno's out there thought?

Cheers

DieSse 23:26 01 Sep 05

Do you know which chipset?

Most newish chipset graphics are definately not rubbish - although the very latest and greatest graphics technology is to be found on plug-in graphics boards.

As always, you gets what you pay for - graphics chipsets (ie on-board graphics) are an economical way or providing decent performance. If you want to run the latest state-of-the-art games, they won't perform well - if not they're absolutely fine (and you haven't spent a fortune to get them.)

woodchip 23:28 01 Sep 05

You do not say what motherboard, if it's onboard graphics or a Card. but hears one result I found.

click here=

simon-238946 17:25 02 Sep 05

its a on board graphics

256 BIT 3D/2D Graphics chipset

24-bit true-color RAMDAC up to 300MHz pixel rate
Resolution up to 1920 x 1440

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…