2.5 GB's of ? delete?

pupae 01:38 07 Feb 04

ive found this files or collection of files, >> documents and settings/user/my documents/backed up files bkf can i just delete them if i dont want them? or does the system need them??

pupae 01:41 07 Feb 04

i should also have said the 2.5 GB refers to this files size

y_not 06:24 07 Feb 04

As I understand it the bkf files are system backup files.

Other than this I am not sure but unless I was despaerate for the additional drive space I'd leave them alone.

Valvegrid 07:03 07 Feb 04

I take it you mean the Folder size is 2.5Gb because it contains a large number of files. Have you had a look at some of the files, which might give you a clue to their origin.

Oh, what operating system are you using?

joelmb 08:08 07 Feb 04

.bkf is the windows system backup file extension which probably means that at some point you have used the backup facility (in XP: Start>All programs>accessories>system tools>backup) to backup your hard drive, which copies and then compresses the disk data. So chances are the file is now out of date anyway.

Keeping a backup is of course useful, but if your hard drive was to fail you'd lose that backup anyway-its really most useful if you've backed up to a second hard drive or some other external media device.

If you're low on disk space so much that you need to free 2Gb, a second hard drive might be in order anyway soon?!

pupae 12:57 07 Feb 04

you said>>bkf is the windows system backup file extension which probably means that at some point you have used the backup facility (in XP: Start>All programs>accessories>system tools>backup) to backup your hard drive, which copies and then compresses the disk data. So chances are the file is now out of date anyway.

yes i did backit up some time ago and yes i do need the space does, this mean i can delete them?

pupae 12:59 07 Feb 04

also OS IS WIN2000 PRO WITH OFFICE XP

pupae 13:28 07 Feb 04

does ANYone know the answer?

pupae 14:28 07 Feb 04

i have just attempted to delete them but puter says recycle bin is too small, do i want to permanantly delete them? some one pleeease tell me if its ok to do this

Valvegrid 14:54 07 Feb 04

Yes, I think you can, you just won't have a backup of you system anymore, no big deal if you are prepared to accept if you do a reinstall all your settings will go back to default.

click here

Valvegrid 14:55 07 Feb 04

Scroll down to question 10 on the link BTW.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…