24Pin PSU Converter !!

CutNpaste 00:09 14 Jan 05

Hi people,

I just ordered components to build a PC and only to discover that the PSU that i've ordered is a standard 20 pin and my motherboard takes a 24 pin. Basically i bought a converter adaptor and would like to know if it would cause any problems after i install it.

Thanks

hugh-265156 00:25 14 Jan 05

will be fine.

you can even use it without the adapter if you plug in as shown click here

SimianBenzoate 00:28 14 Jan 05

exactly the same thing happened to me...i spent hours on the web researching psu's, then literally 10 mins after ordering it i realised my new mobo (asus A8N deluxe sli for amd 939)is 24 pin not 20. doh.

i read on toms hardware click here
that they are interchangable but i'm not sure and i dont want to blow my new mobo...i also cant seem to find a 24 to 20 pin adaptor anywhere...

SimianBenzoate 00:41 14 Jan 05

what happens to the extra 4 plug holes then...just leave them empty? cos surley it needs power of some sort to these sockets for stable/full operation...

hugh-265156 01:00 14 Jan 05

hi SimianBenzoate to be honest im guessing yes i googled it :-)click here=

i may be very wrong so hold on untill sombody who knows what they are talking about replies. use your adapter and i guess you will be fine.

CutNpaste 01:19 14 Jan 05

Cheers guys!!

I think it should be alright other wise why woul they even make a converter.
Any way heres the link for the converter (click here)

Cheers!!

The Sack 01:24 14 Jan 05

Yeah and then when your new PCI-E cards working in SLI mode crash the PC you can come back and ask do i need a new PSU?

The new pins are to supply the PCI-E slots. All new ATX 2.2 complient PSUs have 24 pins on the power lead.

hugh-265156 01:28 14 Jan 05

noted :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…