2.4ghz. wireless routers+wireless cameras

Ikelos 20:02 20 Dec 07

Hi. if wireless routers run at 2.4ghz, it seems that wireless security cameras do as well, in practice what happens if I install a wireless security camera.

Thanks

Dipso 09:16 21 Dec 07

You may find that you get conflicts but should be able to change the channel on the router to get around the problem.

Although, I bought some wireless AV senders and couldn't get them to work in harmony so the senders had to go back...I think it can be down to the brand sometimes.

Many household devices which you may already have, work on 2.4Ghz, microwaves, DECT phones but don't always affect wifi, well not in my case!

Ikelos 09:21 21 Dec 07

I fancied getting a security camera for the front door, after reading your post, wonder if it might be best to get a wired camaera, instead of wireless.

Thanks

Dipso 13:57 21 Dec 07

I have a wireless camera too but it doesn't work on the same frequency as my router, it wasn't expensive and I don't know if it would do for you but click here I notice it's on offer today too. Perhaps you could find a similar alternative.

Ikelos 14:11 21 Dec 07

Thank you for that, one last question, if i may, what is the picture like?

Dipso 14:23 21 Dec 07

The picture is quite clear and bright IMHO but this is at quite close range. As it's in colour and infrared that's a bonus.

There is an example of it in use at click here

At the end of the day it is a budget price but it was good enough for my needs, nursery monitoring.

Ikelos 14:32 21 Dec 07

thank you for all of that, now off to the local Maplin's, see what they have like it.

at our age we would prefer to know who is at the door before we open it.

Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…