240 gb .. what sizes would you partition ?????

pete25 22:37 11 Jan 03
  pete25 22:37 11 Jan 03

have 2 x 120gb hard drives set up as raid 0, running xp pro, would splitting up the h/d (seen as 1 drive of 240 gb) into several partitions be advisable?????? i.e. putting " My Documents" on D, am intending to use this setup mainly for d/video editing and also vhs transfer to dvd, any thoughts on this???? perhaps each operation/ project into it's own partion????

Worf100 23:10 11 Jan 03

I always like to have a 'clean' drive for each job (I too use my large drive for DVD). For important jobs I scan the drive and if I have already got data on the drive I also defrag. Too large a partition and it can take some time to do this so I would suggest 40 gb ! You may also be able to set up your raid to auto copy ie use one 120 gb drive as your 'master' and use the other as back up. Trust you hsve plenty of cooling ?

closhty 23:27 11 Jan 03

2 120 gbs phyisical hard drives, 0,raid / xp pro, and then ask for advice ???? excuse me. but mey be you got it a bit about face

jediknight007 04:13 12 Jan 03

I would probably do like a 40GB partition for Windows on it's own so that other things don't mess it up, one 80GB for games and/or programs, another 40GB for music (if you have any) and the other 80GB for your video requirements.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…