22" or 24" monitor?

lightfeet 21:43 10 Aug 09

My 19” monitor has given up the ghost & since my computer is 7½ years old I’ve decided to splash out & get a new system. I am undecided whether to opt for a 22” or 24” monitor & am wondering if the 24“ one is too big, particularly as one sits so close to the screen when on the computer. Amongst other things I shall be doing photo & video editing. Also any recommendation on make/model would be appreciated

citadel 22:03 10 Aug 09

I have a 22" monitor and find it just right. there are a lot of cheap ones now but its worth getting a better quality one.

woodchip 22:17 10 Aug 09

The Bigger the Screen, the less likely you are to sit up close to it

GaT7 22:20 10 Aug 09

24" without doubt! I sit about 30" away from mine & it's fine.

If you require a professional standard monitor though (for accurate colours & good viewing angles) it may be best to get a 22" screen to keep costs down. An e-IPS* based Dell 2209WA click here would be recommended. Possibly cheapest & best place to buy it from is PCBuyIt click here for just over £200 delivered. A similar 24" screen costs ~£425 click here.

Another thing to consider is whether you might prefer a 16:9 or 16:10 aspect ratio screen - the former is 'more widescreen' than the latter. G

* You can read about the various panel technologies at TFTCentral click here.

retep888 22:22 10 Aug 09

That depends on what you'd do with your PC,the bigger the monitor the more thing you can pack in(you can see).

If you're a gamer and have a decent gx card, the bigger the better.

woodchip 22:23 10 Aug 09

The Bigger the Screen, the less likely you are to sit up close to it.

Hears a Good One. Would like this myself.
click here

Check Details by Scrolling down, it’s a tilt and swivel monitor so you can change from Landscape to Portrait view

Lightfeet1 11:32 11 Aug 09

Many thanks for all your help. Certainly provided much food for thought. Am investigating the Dell route.

Si_L 11:40 11 Aug 09

I have a 22inch for gaming and that is easily big enough. Like it has been pointed out, if you sit close to the monitor then you won't need a huge one.

sunnystaines 11:43 11 Aug 09

recently got a samsung 24" recommended by forum members, well impressed shop around as great difference in price.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…