21 inch or more CRT Monitors

It's Me 19:44 11 Apr 03

Can anyone point me to any reviews of these large CRT monitors, as I want to upgrade my present one. Because I am old etc a LCD monitor is really no use to me, as its native resolution means that they are not good at 800 x 600, which is my size.

Djohn 19:48 11 Apr 03

What make and size monitor are you using at the moment?

Pesala 20:51 11 Apr 03

I don't know how wealthy your are, but if you really want the best, Gas Plasma screens offer 42" diagonal at 1024 x 768 resolution. Expect to pay two or three thousands pounds.

I wonder if an 17" TFT monitor would be better than a 21" CRT monitor. They can be run at non-native resolutions. Someone who has a decent TFT could advise. At its native high resolution (up to 1600 x 1200) you would find the icons and menus too small.

The best thing to do is to use Google and search for any of the makes and models of the monitors that you are interested in. Yes, it will bring up lots of sites that are trying to sell them to you but a fair few reviews as well.

Personally I use a Iiyama Vision Master Pro 510 which is a true "Flat Screen" (Not LCD or TFT but conventional CRT) and is 22". This monitor is abosilutely fantastic, and while I was looking at a LCD before, I would not think of one now at least not until the prices for 20" LCD's are around £200!!! (and even then only for the fact that the amount of space it takes up!!)

A very good monitor and one I can reccomend. Second had, you may find one for about £200 - £400. List new were £700+

Djohn 22:12 11 Apr 03

Smiffy99's advice is good, forget the 17" TFT, it runs at 12x10 for optimum display, and does not look good at other resolutions. J.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…