2091 - Laptop o.k. P.C not o.k.

concise 13:12 29 Jan 06

Laptop running XP, has Belkin Wireless G Network card. Works fine with 2091 Router.
Adding P.C. Win2K with Belkin USB Network adapter. Get so far with the Bt set up disc but
after telling me to install the adapter, which seems to be succesful as indications are that it is communicating with the router, the lady who must be rather cunningly concealed in the disc tells me that she will now test my internet connection. This produces a series of interesting beeps and eventually a message:- "Problem . . .(NaN)number". as far as I am concerned this is a foreign language as are most of the remedies I have trawled on the forums. I can get no further than this, I can't even get the set-up disc to start from scratch.
Help for the intelectually challenged would be appreciated.

mgmcc 08:41 30 Jan 06

If your router has been set up and the laptop is working properly with it, why are you trying to use the "BT Setup Disk" in a second computer? Once a router has been set up initially, additional computers should only have to connect to it, either with a "wired" connection or "wirelessly", to join the network and have internet access.

You just need to install the Belkin adapter and its software, then run the software to scan for "Available Wireless Networks" and connect to the one with the SSID that matches your router.

concise 10:35 30 Jan 06

mgmcc,
Thanks for responding. I am using the BT set up disc because the booklet tells me to! Quote:- "To connect a second computer to your BT Voyager 2091 Router,simply insert the installation CD into the additional computer and when prompted choose the option to add an additional device."
According to the indicator on the screen it is 6% into the set up when it asks for the adapter to be installed, the installation of which appears to be ok - then the above problem occurs.

concise 21:13 30 Jan 06

Resolved, it was a matter of correctly inputting the key number. Belkin and BT having different ways of describing the same thing confused me. The disc then continues and sets up Yahoo browser etc.

warbaby 14:39 10 Feb 06

I'd be grateful if you could explain in more detail how you resolved this as I get the same message.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced