2008 XP Medion laptop - If I restore to F.Settings will I lose Office?

buel 19:06 17 Aug 14

Hi,

I have a 2008 Medion laptop running XP. It's pretty slow but not awful so I have thought about restoring it to factory settings as it has a 'Restore' Drive (D). However, if I do this, can someone tell me if I will lost Microsoft Office, which I'm pretty sure came with it?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:36 17 Aug 14

If it came with it it will be reinstalled but you need to back up all your docs e-mails pictures music etc. as these will all be lost during the reset

buel 19:42 17 Aug 14

Thank you Fruit Bat (as usual). Is there any way to tell if it came with it or not?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:51 17 Aug 14

medion usually issue discs with new machines

do you have the disks?

buel 19:59 17 Aug 14

I doubt it although I will look......Can I ask how this will help, please?

buel 20:02 17 Aug 14

I have found a 'Word Perfect Office x3' DVD that may have come with it?

buel 20:57 17 Aug 14

I cannot find any other discs that came with this laptop. Would I definitely need it if there is a 'Recovery' partition?

BRYNIT 22:09 17 Aug 14

To my knowledge Medion have only supplied trial versions of Microsoft Office but never a full versions they have however included a full copy of Microsoft Work suits this was preinstalled and a DVD disk with a product key was also supplied.

On old Medion Desktops not sure about laptops, had a partition that had the recovery files and also two folders one had the drivers and the other had preinstalled programs. Also supplied was a recovery disk that had a copy of the OS and an application and support disk for restoring the computer back to factory default this also had drivers and some programs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…