2005fpw - BEing silly - Set-up Confusion

TicTacToc 17:27 03 Feb 06

HI all,

I have just received my 2005fpw, but being newbish I'm confused.

My system is the following -
A8n-Sli Deluxe
Antec Smartpower 500W
Nec 3550a
Geforce 6200 DVI
1gb G-Skill Ram
Athlon 3500+ Venice
Case is a Delux with LCD Display

I bought from a company who had pre-built everything (i chose the parts) and I bought the PSU. I installed that last night and it went ok, except my wires are scrambled everywhere and look really messy. (How much of a problem is this?)

I stick the white DVI cable into the screen, and the slot on my case. I turn it on and select DVI-D with the menu selector. I get a screen, but then it goes off in 'Power-Save' Mode saying I should move the mouse or press keyboard, but this does nothing at this stage although they are plugged in.

So do I put in my windows xp disc?, the 2005fpw disc? the motheboard disc?

Ive tried them all but they make no difference,

I know this is really stupid and I'm being thick
But thanks in advance for all the help!

howard63 20:47 03 Feb 06

if you can get into the bios [often by hitting the delete key when you first switch on] try disabling power saving mode

woodchip 20:52 03 Feb 06

Go to Control panel\Power as above choose never for power saving mode click apply

TicTacToc 21:03 03 Feb 06

HI thanks for the info but how am I meant to get into the bios if nothing yet has been installed, including my keyboard?

I have turned it on with all the different discs in pressing delete loads but nothing happens - I believe because I don't have any bios and my keyboard won't do anything yet?

TicTacToc 21:04 03 Feb 06

Sorry for the double post, but what is meant to happen? What should happen when I turn the screen on?

woodchip 21:06 03 Feb 06

Are you saying you have not loaded windows and are trying to use Firewire for camera?

TicTacToc 21:16 03 Feb 06

never mind, I have solved it, it was a part that should have been plugged into the motherboard that wasn't.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…