2000 server Vs 2003 server

Will78 14:08 28 Feb 04

Im currently doning a project in college in which im upgrading a networking environment. I'm not sure if the more established 2000 server is the safer option, or try the newer less establised with more features 2003 server. Could anyone assist me making an informed decision in which software to choice for my server?

LastChip 14:19 28 Feb 04

Win 2003 server, is far more highly integrated into "future proofing" XP Pro and the future operating system known at the moment as Longhorn.

Win 2000 server, on the other hand, is well established with a huge knowledge base and expertise already established, but is already becoming limited particularly with the latest Microsoft offerings.

But as with all up-grades, you must establish your objectives first, and then find the best solution.

spikeychris 14:24 28 Feb 04

Good answer LastChip, one fantastic benifit of 2K3 is its version of AD, it fixes a lot of problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…