2000 Server crash

Phrontis 11:16 18 Jul 04

I use 2000 server in a small network and the machine is also my workstation. It recently started to freeze at various times for no reason and became increaingly flaky. I have run adware6, hijack this, Spybot and Sophos at regular interval, Sophos every night. The other day when I booted it up it came up with the following message and refuses to boot into 2000 server. "Registry cannot load the hive file SystemRoot/System32/config/Software" I have most of my files backed up, but the thought of having to rebuild the rest of it fills me with horror. I cannot get onto the hard drive all (it is a mirrored raid array). The emergency boot disk is missing, I have boot disks for PCs going back years, many of which have gone, but not the important one. If I put the 2000 server CD in it cannot see the raid disks but can see other disks in the machine. I have put another disk into the machine and installed Win 2000 in the hope it will allow me to see the other disks to no avail. What can I do to try to repair the damage.

AndySD 11:44 18 Jul 04

On booting with the cd did you press F6 and load the raid drivers.

It is possable these are the problem or that one of the disks has errors on it. Boot into the Recovery console first and run chkdsk.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…