20" LCD monitor DVI problem

newen 16:33 05 Dec 03

My ACER 20" LCD monitor is not working when connected to digital connector on Geforce 4 Ti 4200. It is working only on VGA. Do I need to setup the graphic card first?

madPentium 19:00 05 Dec 03

I think we can apply a little logic here :)

What you are asking is "do I have to configure my graphics card before I can see what I'm doing"

How do they expect you to configure it when there is no screen? So we have concluded the answer is no.

Are you sure that there are no bent pins on the monitor cable? is the monitor power light on?

You will have to try the monitor on another pc, or test another monitor(vga or digital) on your graphics card.

newen 10:24 07 Dec 03

After replacing the newest driver with one older version I started windows with my old analog monitor and then i connected my new digital.Now i can have two monitors at the same time and i can have all features of nView. But when i swich computer off and on again...on my analog monitor i have vertical line of different colour and on my digital just black screen. Then i have to disconect digital monitor and restart computer.,
It seems that digital monitor can not be recognized during the start up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…