2 years of Inbox folders disappear from O/Express

cyberphobic 21:48 09 Aug 06

My wife works from home, and files all her mail in various folders, this evening, she checked her mail, Outlook Express compacted it and now everything has disappeared apart from her sent folder. I used System Restore to no avail, I have searched for *.dbx files but they are not large enough to be the original folders, all the original categories still exist, but they only contain 59 kb which I think is the size of newly created dbx files. I back up about every 4 weeks with Acronis True Image, but a lot of mailhas been received since then.
Can anyone suggest how I might be able to restore the files please, because at the moment this is clearly all my fault!

skidzy 22:03 09 Aug 06

click here
click here These may help.

Good luck

woodchip 22:06 09 Aug 06

And you are telling us that you have note made a Backup of the files >>>>>>>>>!!!!!!!!!!!boom

cyberphobic 20:00 10 Aug 06

Refresh - I really need some help on this please!

VoG II 20:06 10 Aug 06

click here and click here may help you.

skidzy 20:14 10 Aug 06

Did you have a good look through the 2 links i posted earlier cyber.

This may help,but think your going to have to pay for a program to find these files click here
Someone else may advise further.

Good luck,hope this helps.

VoG II 20:15 10 Aug 06

Sorry I didn't realise that my first link was the same as yours.

skidzy 20:21 10 Aug 06

No Probs VoG™, better the double posting than not at all.

cyberphobic 12:26 13 Aug 06

*.dbx folders (apart from sent)had disappeared from machine, I downloaded a programme to search for them but they just weren't there. So I saved the sent folders, then restored the previously saved image (using Acronis) and then added the old sent items back into to Outlook Express. So all that has been lost is 4 weeks inbox ( although of course I have the replies which I sent, so many of the "lost" messages are attached to the replies. I will of course be backing up very week in future! Can anyone offer any explanation as to why the messages should just have disappeared? could it be file corruption, a virus or a hardware problem? I obviously want to take whatever steps I can to prevent this ever happening again!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…