2 wireless routers

chinaplate 17:43 05 Apr 08

is it ok to install a dlink wireless router on the 3rd level of my house,to serve pc and laptop while having tiscali(my isp)siemans wireless router serving 2 pc,s on ground level.in other words i,m hoping there wont be conflicts with the broadband going in different directions.

dms05 13:56 06 Apr 08

It depends upon what you want to achieve. I don't think you can have both connected to the incoming broadband telephone line and expect them to work independently. However if you want to extend broadband coverage that's a different matter. I had a set up consisting of my ADSL WiFi Router serving the top of the property and then a LAN cable running down one floor where I had a second router acting as an Access Point and radiating WiFi to parts of the property the main WiFi router can't reach. You need to fiddle with the secondary router on DHCP etc to make it work. Eventually I changed to using HomePlug and transferring over mains 240v wiring with a Network Switch at the secondary user point to accommodate multi users.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…