2 windows opening on "click here"

Ventad 14:18 23 Sep 09

I first posted about this back in August but then after a couple of days it stopped over the last two weeks it has started again its a bit annoying but nothing a click cannot rectify. my O/S is vista and when I click on any "click here" on this forum only, I get two windows opening, it does not happen with any other forum. Has anybody any ideas why this is happening and a remmedy?

birdface 14:31 23 Sep 09

Maybe you are double clicking it.Have you tried just clicking it the once.

Ventad 14:39 23 Sep 09

Thanks but it definately a one click situation I have even gone through the mouse set up again to make sure that the mouse is set up right.

Ventad 14:42 23 Sep 09

Further to the above if I right click and then click 'open' I only get one window.

birdface 15:00 23 Sep 09

If the Icon for opening Internet Explorer is on the quick start you only click it once, if you click it twice two windows open.Not sure if that could be the problem.

birdface 15:04 23 Sep 09

It is a bit odd why that should happen.I use Xp and cannot really try anything to help.I am sure someone will come up with a solution though.

six-h 15:45 23 Sep 09

Could just be that your mouse is wearing out.
I have the same problem intermitently with clicking links using the scroll wheel.
dis-assembling and giving it a squirt of compressed air cures it for a while:o)

Ventad 15:56 23 Sep 09

I do not have the problem opening Internet Explorer from the quick start only one click opens one window, from short on desk top two clicks open internet explorer these are no problems, it is only when using this forum and opening a "click here" in a threadf that I get two windows opening, the mouse is fairly new and works ok with everything else. It has got to be something simple that I havent thought of, Hoping that someone can pinpoint it. As I said its just so annoying

Ventad 17:23 23 Sep 09

bump

Ventad 08:58 24 Sep 09

sorry about bumping again

Ventad 14:06 25 Sep 09

Although this has not been resovled I will tick it as resolved thanks for the input buteman &
six-h

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…