2 Vista problems

frenchman96 24 Nov 11

Hi Guys

At present, I have a family visiter from France who leaves us tomorrow, and I need to fix a problem if you can help.

His o/s is Vista, and I inserted new Memory Ram for him today, and that works fine, but whether it has anything to do with it or not is not important, but since fitting, I have 2 problems.

1- in his Windows Mail, we cannot send mail, but can receive, I have checked tools/accounts/properties/ but cannot see anything wrong, but you may be able to tell me different.

2-In an attempt to cure this, I tried System Restore, but unlike my XP, no calendar drops down in sub menu, so did not see option to choose another date.

Woolwell 24 Nov 11

His smtp settings will almost certainly be incorrect for UK. He will have to change smtp to your isp whilst in Uk and then change back in France. Alternatively use webmail.

frenchman96 24 Nov 11

He tells me that it has worked every time he comes back to uk and I should say, he can receive?

Woolwell 24 Nov 11

It will receive but the send settings, smpt, should be changed.

Taff™ 25 Nov 11

System Restore: Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools

When it opens click next and recent dates will be shown. Put a tick in the box for show dates older than 5 days and all the potential restore dates will appear.

If no restore points are available you will be warned and you can click on a link to turn system restore back on for each drive.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message