2 very stubborn registry entries

Red Devil 15:42 06 Mar 05

OK,

I've uninstalled 2 programs - or I thought I had. However, when I run Startup Manager, both programs are listed there - as they were both set to run at Windows startup when they were installed - but with an error saying that the program file cannot be found.

I've run CCleaner and it reports both programs as being issues due to the same problem. I then try and get CCleaner to fix the problems and it appears to do so. I then restart my computer and the 2 programs are back again.

I've even run regedit and tried to manually delete the program entries in HKLM\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run myself but every time I restart Windows back come the stubborn little so-and-so's!

Could anyone tell me why this continues to happen and is there anything else I can do to sort this out or are there any tools out there that I may be able to use to fix this problem?

Cheers.

stalion 15:46 06 Mar 05

try the same procedure in safe mode that way no programs should be trying to use the entries f8 on boot up if xp

Red Devil 16:04 06 Mar 05

Tried what you suggested - both programs are still there.

They still stobbornly refuse to have their entries in the registry be deleted.

stalion 16:32 06 Mar 05

are you on xp, if so go to start and try a search for the keys by typing the info in file search if it finds them try deleting from there

smudge101 16:36 06 Mar 05

Which two programs did you uninstall?

If you go to Start then Run and type in 'msconfig' you can go to start up items and deselect them if they are showing. This might get round the problem of them starting with Windows but they will still be in the registry.

The more info you can give the better the chances of sorting it out.

Red Devil 17:01 06 Mar 05

The programs are Pop Up Stopper and a program to do with Java called jusched.exe

I think I need to delete these entries - if it's possible - as I'm certainly having problems installing the latest version of Pop Up Stopper and this might have something to do with it.

Also, I'm having problems getting them to not attempt to run at Windows start up as well. No matter how many times I try and stop either program from running at start up all that happens is that a new entry of the program appears when I look in Start Up Manager - one with a check against it and one without.

As I said at the start of this thread - 2 stubborn little sos and so's of programs these are turning out to be.

Red Devil 17:01 06 Mar 05

The programs are Pop Up Stopper and a program to do with Java called jusched.exe

I think I need to delete these entries - if it's possible - as I'm certainly having problems installing the latest version of Pop Up Stopper and this might have something to do with it.

Also, I'm having problems getting them to not attempt to run at Windows start up as well. No matter how many times I try and stop either program from running at start up all that happens is that a new entry of the program appears when I look in Start Up Manager - one with a check against it and one without.

As I said at the start of this thread - 2 stubborn little sos and so's of programs these are turning out to be.

stalion 17:09 06 Mar 05

could be you have some malaware in your system have you done a virus scan and adaware scan?

jakimo 17:29 06 Mar 05

Have you tried doing a search for files and folders? sounds as though there is still a folder in explorer,if there is just delete it

Red Devil 17:37 06 Mar 05

I currently have installed:-

Ad-Aware SE PLUS, SpyBot S&D, SpySweeper, A Squared, Norton IS 2005, CCleaner, TCM Monitor and have used CWShredder, HijackThis, Pest Patrol, SysClean and Registry Mechanic.

Only A Squared out of the first 6 programs I have installed is not set to scan either at start up or daily/weekly (NIS does a weekly scan). A Squared still gets used at least once a week.

TCM is set to constantly monitor changes to the registry and I use CCleaner 2-3 times a week.

So, hopefully, that should mean I haven't got any malware/spyware or virii on my system.

Red Devil 17:39 06 Mar 05

In the case of Pop Up Stopper, I have deleted the folder manually earlier this week as instructed by Panicware but am unsure in the case of the Java program.

The problem persists despite this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…