2 versions AdAware in Control Panel

newearwax 20:33 02 Jun 05

In Control Panel two versions of AdAware are listed- 6 Personal and SE Personal. When I try to remove 6 I am told Unable to open INSTALL,LOG file>> I have tried removing SE first and then 6 but still the same result. I have examined the registry list of software looking for Lavasoft or Adaware but cannot find. Perhaps I am looking for the wrong name or in wrong place. I have also run C Cleaner to fix any issues and also used that utility’s uninstaller but still the same results. Can any friend assist please? Thanks.

System Windows XP Home SP2

stalion 20:37 02 Jun 05

you need to re-install adaware se personal which should give you the option to delete 6 before you install

newearwax 22:09 02 Jun 05

Did as you suggested but I'm afraid it did not do the trick; thanks any way. Any more suggestions out there?

newearwax 22:18 02 Jun 05

Problem solved. In the nd I went into program folder and dragged 6 to <<Handybits file shredder>> then to Control Panel which told me listing was for a non esitent program. Remove y/n. Chose y and all is hunkydory.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…