2 usb hubs ?

Magik ®© 08:38 17 Feb 05

hi, I have a usb1 powered hub, i have now got a second hub which is usb2, both plugged into the mains and each one plugged into the laptop, the question is, can they not be nailed into the laptop with just one usb cable, it says in the booklet that you can run upto 127 devices.

have i lost the plot ?

recap 08:48 17 Feb 05

When USB first came out, the developers said that it would be able to support 127 devices. I think these days that figure would be greater.

As for "nailed into the laptop with just one usb cable" i do not think this is possible. USB2 is backward compatible, but USB1 is not forward compatible.

mgmcc 08:55 17 Feb 05

You should be able to "daisy chain" the two USB hubs so that there is only one cable plugged directly into the laptop. As has been said, unless the laptop's USB port is USB 2.0, the faster hub will still only run as USB 1.1

If the laptop does support USB 2.0, plug the USB 2.0 hub into it and daisy chain the USB1.1 hub.

Magik ®© 09:05 17 Feb 05

thanks both, the laptop is USB2

Magik ®© 09:06 17 Feb 05

Oh, presed the wrong button, this is where i am getting lost, how to i join both hubs together.

Stuartli 09:10 17 Feb 05

Plug the USB lead from one hub into one of the four(?) ports in the other hub, then the loose USB cable into your system.

If you have two four-port hubs you will then have seven ports available.

Magik ®© 09:22 17 Feb 05

thanks, you worded it better than i did in the question.........thanks all for the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…